MiDAS minibus driver training
Leeds Alternative Travel has extensive experience in training people to drive minibuses. We deliver Minibus Driver Awareness Training (MiDAS) programmes during the course of the year.
If you are a Group Transport member and you would like to self drive one of our minibuses, then, subject to these conditions, you will need a current MiDAS certificate to be able to do this. MiDAS is the national standard for minibus drivers in the voluntary and public sector.
Our MiDAS training is delivered by instructors who bring years of practical experience that will help you get the most out of your course.
The course consists of a one day classroom session and a separate individual one hour on-road driving assessment. Delegates have a choice of a standard MiDAS programme or, if they will be providing transport for wheelchair users or other vulnerable people, you can elect to take the Accessible MiDAS version of the programme. The full programme includes:
- Legal responsibilities of driving a minibus
- Safe and environmentally friendly driving techniques
- Vehicle familiarisation and checking
- The correct use of passenger lifts and wheelchair restraints (optional)
- A certificate valid for 4 years upon successful completion