HCT Group marks Social Enterprise Day with new Social Enterprise Champions intake
17 November is Social Enterprise Day – the annual event that celebrates Social Enterprises across the country and highlights the difference they make. HCT Group is celebrating the day with a new intake of Social Enterprise Champions – our programme that helps staff find out more about what social enterprise is all about – and why it’s a good idea.
The Champions programme aims to connect all of our staff with our social mission. Engaging with our 700-strong staff is vital if we are to achieve our potential as a social enterprise, building the understanding that we exist to benefit our communities - not profit from them.
We believe that the best way of reaching our staff is via their colleagues and the Social Enterprise Champions programme aims to do just that. Each year, up to 20 of our frontline staff – bus drivers, passenger assistants, administrators – embark on a programme that takes in:
- training sessions about social enterprise
- visits to other social enterprises across the country
- visits to our own projects
- coaching and support to help them get the message across to their colleagues.
They then return to their depots as Champions, spreading the word about social enterprise and the social good that their day-to-day work makes possible.
This year’s programme starts with a two-day event in London, where the Champions get to know one another and find out more about social enterprise and HCT Group. They will also have the opportunity to meet Gareth Thomas MP, Shadow Minister for Civil Society as he visits our Ash Grove depot as part of the national Social Enterprise Day celebrations.
The Champions will also be finding out about the latest campaign from Social Enterprise UK, ‘Society Profits’ which is encouraging more people to choose social enterprises when they buy goods and services.
The 2011 Champions are:
- Adrian Hynam, Bristol Community Transport
- Alfie Butterfield, Wakefield Depot
- Amanda Ford, Waltham Forest Depot
- Anne Brown, Lascot
- Azna Raheem, Waltham Forest Depot
- Danielle Jones, Bristol Community Transport
- Dave Trew, Transport Unit, Ash Grove Depot
- David Powell, Bristol P&R
- Enice Chusney, Lascot
- Jane King, Red Bus, Ash Grove Depot
- Jean-Marie Bayou, Royal Borough Of Kensington and Chelsea
- Laney Lawrence, Red Bus, Ash Grove Depot
- Magdy Rafla, Olympic Park
- Michael Sommerville, Lascot
- Nadine Allen, Red Bus, Ash Grove Depot
- Rodney Horrocks, Hull Depot
- Seth Antwi, Red Bus, Ash Grove Depot
- Sonia Kaur, Engineering, Ash Grove Depot